Friday 14 December 2012

2012 Races and Results

Last year, I resolved to start pushing myself  in my races.  I used to save my target races for the ones where I would aim to do my best, which meant one or two races a year.   I decided that I wanted to see how well I could do at shorter distances and started coming up with some pretty good PBs -- for me anyway.   My first two races this year I wasn't aiming for anything other than a finish.   Even though my Ironman Lake Placid wasn't, technically, a PB, it was better than my goal finish time by 13 minutes and it was better than my Arizona finish three years ago.  In my opinion Lake Placid is a much harder course.   So yay me!

Here are my details:

Chilly Half Marathon -- March 4, 2012 --- 2:16

NYC Half Marathon -- March 18, 2012 --- 2:30

Around the Bay 30K -- March 25, 2012 --- 2:54  -- PB by 13 minutes (last PB was in 2005)

JDRF 5K -- April 28, 2012 --- 24:05 -- PB

Angus Glen 5 Miler -- June 28, 2012 --- 59:17

Ironman Lake Placid -- July 22, 2012 -- 15:17

Oakville Half Marathon -- September 23, 2012 -- 1:55 --  PB (and the course measured 316m too long)

Detroit Half Marathon -- October 21, 2012 -- 1:51 -- PB

Boxing Day 10-Miler -- December 26, 2012 -- Unknown  -- still to come :-)  (Hoping for a PB, but weather is always a huge factor with this race)  Time to beat:  1:29

I only have one race confirmed for next year, but I'm waiting to hear whether I got into the NYC Half again.  December 20th is the announcement date -- can't wait!  I've been very fortunate thus far to have been randomly selected through their lottery two years in a row.   Here's to hoping for a third year in a row.

I'm still on the fence about the Chilly Half.  I'm definitely in for the Around the Bay and am leaning towards the Toronto Good Life in May.  I've done Mississauga twice and I hear the Toronto medals are huge.  I like medals, all medals, but especially big, obnoxious ones.  They are my kind of bling.

Tonight I'm excited to finally see the Nutcracker Ballet...for the first time ever! 



Am I the only person who has never seen it before?

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen the Nutcracker baller! I know they're in town and I'm sooo jealous you're going - Have fun & enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved it! Looks like a new tradition has started.

      Delete
  2. I have never seen the nutcracker....I want to sooooooo bad. Have a great time.

    I'm in for ATB too, but also on the fence about chili. I think your races for 2012 look amazing and your PB for ATB is AWESOME!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali! I loved the Nutcracker. My girlfriend and I are making it an annual tradition now.

      I'm still thinking about the Chilly, too. Just got into the NYC Half, so I'll likely pass on the Chilly, but we'll see. It's practically in my backyard.

      Delete