Monday 13 February 2012

Back on Track!

Well, I'm happy to say that my training is back on track.  After that disappointing week, I got my mojo back and didn't miss a single workout.  I had some pretty strong workouts and was feeling great, and then I tried out my brand new, pretty running shoes and things got a bit ugly with my right foot. 

I have some nerve issues around the ball of my foot and some cortisone shots seemed to help out.  Then Nike decided to change the cushioning of their new Lunar Glides and my foot did NOT like it.  I decided to do the smart thing and took the week off of running and went back to my old Vomeros just to see if that made a difference.  It most definitely did so I went and bought a new pair of the Vomeros and things felt better....until yesterday's snowy run.  Clearly, my foot does not like uneven terrain, even with the new shoes.   The last 13K of my 26K run were not pleasant at all.  In fact, I even walked the last 3K.  I guess we've been a lot spoiled this winter and my body has forgotten what it's like to run in the snow.   Mother Nature, continue being nice to us and give me back my dry winter...please!  Major thanks to my running buddies for getting me through it.  Singing Black Eyed Peas along the Northshore hills made it fun.

But my exciting news is that I finally got my Garmin 910XT!!  They finally came in, and I was the first one to get it from the store.  Woohoo!  I spent part of the weekend playing with it, but I haven't used it yet.   The hubby and I are going on vacation and, although I'll be training while I'm away, I don't think I want to chance losing my new toy. 

My goals while I'm on vacation:  Rest, Train, Drink, Train, Sun, Train, Explore, Train.  And then train some more.

2 comments:

  1. While I know that run was tough, what continues to impress me is your mental focus and toughness - I will be drawing on that Coach when things get tough for me - total congrats on your training, you're an aminal! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My feet hurt...my calves hurt...my legs hurt..
    but my ears don't hurt as I didn't have to listen to you guys sing.
    :)

    ReplyDelete